1/27/2012

incense and lacquer craft

 In winter, I enjoy Japanese incense.
Usually I love Lavender Tee tree oil mint Neroli and eucalyptus oil.
My favorites Japanese incense in the pic is aloes-wood(伽羅). Very classic and deep smell.


Lacquer is a viscous liquid that exudes from under the bark of the lacquer tree. This liquid is refined and mixed with pigment. By applying a layer of the mixture to the surface of an object and then drying it in air of an appropriate humidity, a coating is obtained that is highly adhesive and resistant to damp and corrosion.Usually, a number of thin layers are applied, each layer being dried before the next application.
I am using this little accessory case for my
earrings.
冬になると普段はアロマオイル(ラベンダーなど)を使っている私も日本のお香をたきます。何だからほっと落ち着いた気持ちになります。一番好きな香りは古典的な伽羅です。
隣にある漆器の小物入れもお気に入りの一つでピアス入れとして使っています。日本の伝統的工芸も大好きです。
            

No comments:

Post a Comment